"Ruth" Merino singles
Here's one I think is destined to be a favorite: Ruth. My yarn bases are usually named after children's book characters, illustrators, or authors, but I had to name one for my personal hero, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Ruth is a 100% superwash Merino singles, which means there's only one strand (which sometimes is referred to as "single-ply"). It takes dye in amazing ways. T
Colors from left to right:
Aquamarine, Sunny-Side Up, Good Day Sunshine
Fiddlehead (new!), Raspberry Beret, 12-Bar Blues
Blue Monday, Daydream Believer, Save It For A Rainy Day (all new!)
Thanks Easter Bunny, Birthstone, Bluestocking
Natural dye materials used may include (depending on the color) lac, madder, cochineal, logwood purple, weld, osage orange, quercitron, fustic, indigo, Saxon blue extract (indigo cooked with sulfuric acid), logwood grey, and chestnut. I mordant with alum and cream of tartar, and may also use chalk, ammonia, vinegar, or extremely small amounts of tin (only occasionally in red dyes).
Every effort is made to represent colors as accurately as possible. Click on the thumbnails for a larger view.
Approximately 400 yds/100 g
US size 2-4
Gentle handwash in cool water and wool wash, then drying flat to preserve the beauty of the natural dye material. Please refer to the "Yarn Care & Knotty Problems" page for additional care information.
- Birthstone - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Good Day Sunshine - 1 in stock
- 12-Bar Blues - 3 in stock
- Under the Sea - 1 in stock
- Sunny Side Up - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Thanks Easter Bunny - 2 in stock
- Raspberry Beret - 3 in stock
- Blue Monday - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Aquamarine - 1 in stock
- Fiddlehead - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Bluestocking - 4 in stock
- Bleeding Heart - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Daydream Believer - 4 in stock
- Save It For A Rainy Day - 4 in stock
- Twolip - 3 in stock
- Fabaliss - 3 in stock