"Harriet" Bluefaced Leicester/nylon
Named for another favorite book character, Harriet (of Harriet the Spy) is a75/25 superwash Merino and nylon, with a slightly softer twist, Harriet knits up in a less-crunchy fabric without sacrificing durability. I'm amazed at how it takes color, too.
Please click on any photo to embiggen.
Natural dye materials used may include (depending on the color) lac, madder, cochineal, logwood purple, weld, osage orange, quercitron, fustic, indigo, Saxon blue extract (indigo cooked with sulfuric acid), logwood grey, and chestnut. I mordant with alum and cream of tartar, and may also use chalk, ammonia, vinegar, or extremely small amounts of tin (only occasionally in red dyes).
Quantities and photos may not reflect what's actually available at the moment; please contact me for specifics.
Every effort is made to represent colors as accurately as possible.
Approximately 465 yds/100 g
US size 1/2.25 mm
Gentle handwash in cool water and wool wash, then dry flat to preserve the beauty of the natural dye material. Please refer to the "Yarn Care & Knotty Problems" page for additional care information.
- Cinnamon Heart - 7 in stock
- The Yarn From Ipanema - 10 in stock
- Material World - 15 in stock
- 14 Carrot - 15 in stock
- Leaf Peeping - 10 in stock
- Flammenwerfer - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Tweety - 14 in stock
- Midas touch - 15 in stock
- Fiddlehead - 16 in stock
- Extra Virgin - 14 in stock
- Emerald City - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Kingfisher - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Sea and Sky - 10 in stock
- In the Navy - 6 in stock
- Birthstone - 13 in stock
- Violaceous - 2 in stock
- Stormy Weather - 10 in stock
- Cafe au lait - 5 in stock
- Maple Walnut - 11 in stock
- Chocolate Bunny - 6 in stock
- Lilac - 10 in stock
- Mauve Over - 5 in stock